We Tailor Our Services and Advice for Men
As in the offline world of dating, the rules of online dating are different for men and for women. Even as our culture moves away from gendered dating roles, there are still certain expectations that women have for men, and these rules aren’t checked at the door when the relationship starts online. Meet Your Match Online understands these nuances and is positioned to help our male clients achieve success online by avoiding common mistakes many men make, and helping them to understand women’s expectations from online dating.
Here are some common mistakes men often make when dating online:
- Choosing the wrong screenname. This little detail can mean the difference between your profile getting viewed or not.
- Choosing the wrong pictures. Not understanding what types of pictures are attractive (or very unattractive) to women (e.g. a photo of you surrounded by other women is a big no-no).
- Improperly responding to being contacted by a woman. Many sites allow an initial contact that is in a form other than a free-write email, such as a “wink” or “nudge.” If a woman “winks” or “nudges” a man, he should always write back. A wink or nudge in return from a man, however, will likely be the end of that communication. Women expect men to take the lead, even online, and even when they have made the first electronic move.
- Moving at the wrong speed. Many men are too quick to try to get a phone number or far too slow to call. Just as is the case with a face-to-face meeting, a woman needs a certain level of comfort before providing this information.
- Failing to ask for a date. Women like to be asked out, and don’t want to have to wait forever. It is important for a man to keep things moving, whether it’s responding to a woman’s initial contact, asking for a phone number, making the first call, or asking for a face-to-face date. If you don’t ever actually ask to meet the person, it’s highly unlikely the relationship will be successful.
Of course, these are just the tip of the iceberg as far as online dating issues go. Meet Your Match Online is ready and able to get you started down the road to success.