Last Updated: March 30, 2011
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us using the information provided on the Website.
Information we collect about you
In General. We may collect personal information that can identify you, such as your name and email address, and other information that does not identify you.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our Website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date, or other financial information). We also request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information such as your hometown.
- Information about others. We may collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us, such as their name, address and email address. If you use our Website to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) a product as a gift certificate, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient in order to process those requests or facilitate future activities.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our Website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see “Cookies” below), and the referring Website address.
- Cookies and Use of Cookie Data. When you visit our Website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the time and date of your visits, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. During your visits to other Websites where we advertise, we (or third parties) may use certain data collected on our site to show you the type of advertisements likely to be of greater interest to you. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology to track your use of our Website. We may include web beacons in advertisements or email messages to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our Website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
- Information collected by third-parties. We may allow third-parties to display advertisements on our Website. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Our Website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness.
How we use the information we collect
In General. We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or third parties;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and promotions;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Financial information. We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases made on our Website, enroll you in the programs in which you elect to participate, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
With whom we share your information
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Service providers: We may share your personal information, which may include your name and contact information (including email address) with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our Website functionality, and supporting contests, promotions, surveys, and other features offered through our Website. We may also share your name, contact information, and credit card information with our authorized service providers who process credit card payments. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Business partners: When you make purchases on our Website or click-through our advertisements offered on third party Websites, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you the applicable products, services or advertisements. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our Website and on websites of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers, and investors for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
Information and content you submit
There are a number of places on our Website, such as our blog, where you may be able to share personal information, photos, or stories about your personal experiences. You may also submit these to us through social networking sites, email, as a response to a promotion or survey, or by or through other verbal or electronic means. By submitting personal stories or experiences, you agree that we may use such information in any way we deem appropriate, including but not limited to the publication or use of such information in presentations. You waive any claims of ownership or copyright and represent that such information, stories, or photos are yours to share and distribute, and are not otherwise the protected or copyrighted works of others.
How you can access your information
Your choices about collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that inhibit our ability to provide you with all services we offer, disqualify you from participation in a contest, promotion, or survey; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our Website.
- At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails from us by sending us an email or using the contact form on the Website and letting us know that you would no longer like to receive emails. You must provide the email address to which emails are going that you would like us to remove. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship email communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as a service provider) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change you preferences directly with that third party.
How we protect your personal information
We want you to feel confident using our Website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s Website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Information you provide about yourself while using our service
Although our Website is a general audience site, we restrict the use of our service to individuals age 18 and above. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18.
Visiting our Websites from outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our Website. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. Cookies on our Website do not link to or store your personal information.
You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click “Help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.) If you do so, some of the features and services of our Website may not function properly.